These are challenging times and home sellers are not exempted from the hurdles when it comes to selling homes. Buyers have a lot of options nowadays and they don’t have to buy what you’re selling. Your house is likely just one of the many options in a pool of signs that say “for sale”.
Here are some wise and proven tips on how you can sell your home fast in Naperville in spite of a slow market.
- Study your market. Most sellers simply offer the property for the price they want, without really looking at what other homes have sold for or what other homes are selling for. Do not undervalue, do not overprice. That’s just it and I know it’s easier said than done. But that’s the exact reason why we have these tips. To help you determine the nearest amount to your property’s true worth. Ask if your preferred REALTORⓇ can match the percentage charged by the cheapest agent, or meet in the middle. A fraction of a percent on a house sale could be worth a substantial amount of money.
- The right REALTORⓇ will give you feedback after each viewing and be frank about anything you should change. Do not feel sheepish to demand honesty. Find out what made buyers choose another property over yours and, where possible, make changes.
- Do not undervalue or over price. I know I just repeated myself but that’s one of the things you should not be doing when selling your home. Don’t be discouraged if your home won’t sell fast right away. Ask the help of a trusted REALTORⓇ help you get a home valuation. Buyers search by price specific range, such as between $200,000 and $250,000. Make sure your property is properly positioned so that it is the best value within a standard price range. For example, pricing it at $230,000 could miss the people looking for a bargain on a home in the $200,000 to $225,000 range.
- Document everything. Create a file or have a folder which contains all documents that have something to do with the house: guarantees for repairs, certificates for electric work, council tax bills, receipts of anything you have upgraded in your home.Prepare as much as you can.
Never underestimate the power of staging and home remodeling
- You don’t need to go crazy over de-personalizing your home but do your best to make it pleasant and inviting. Use neutral paint, instead of a glaring shade. Purchasers are trying to picture themselves living in your home so minimize personal possessions such as photos. Bank on first impressions. Invest on polarizing designs. Your house doesn’t need to be loud, it just needs to be unforgettable.
- It’s not advisable to replace carpets since they can be expensive. Just get them cleaned before the viewing. If you have fireplaces, make sure that you have fires burning so that there is a beautiful warm glow and the sound of crackling. Buy a pack of popcorn and make sure to put it in the oven before the house viewing. Play some good music but never too loud. Turn on all the lights and lamps if the home looks dark or feels heavy. Lighting is everything.
- People who drive by your house are more likely to grab a flier than to call the number on your signage. So make sure to have fliers in front of your property. Create impressive fliers. Make good quality fliers, with clear images of the house for sale and link it to your website.
Call me, Teresa Ryan, at 630-718-0424 when you’re in Naperville!
Read the full article How to Sell My Home Fast in Naperville – A Comprehensive Guide