This is a comprehensive guide on how to sell your home fast in Naperville. We will go through the processes and stages of preparing your home so you can put it up ready for sale.
We will cover competitive pricing strategies from the start so you can save time and energy, we will also help you stage and sell your property fast and being partners with the best REALTORⓇ in town.
Buyers are reluctant to make offers on homes that are overpriced
If you don’t know yet what’s your home’s worth, you can find out through our home value estimator. Or you can call me, Teresa Ryan, at 630-718-0424 and I will be glad to help you.
There will also be series of articles with different subtopics, such as finding out the best paint colors to use on your walls in order to sell your house faster.
This will be a fun and informative lesson on staging. Let’s find out what’s trending nowadays.
We will even delicate subjects like selling your house to a relative or family member and selling your house when your partner refuses or if the owner is deceased?
This will be very exciting for sellers like yourself.
Your one stop shop, no-nonsense guide on how to sell your home fast and more.
How to sell your home fast for top dollar with the least hassle
Ask any seller what their top 3 goals are and all of them will give you responses similar to these:
- Selling my home for the most amount of money.
- Selling my home with the least amount of inconvenience.
- Selling my home in the least amount of time.
Watch this video shared on YouTube by a family who recently moved to IL and was able to sell their property fast.
Isn’t she fabulous? I love how pleasant and energetic she is and this obviously resonated in the video. We want your buyers to feel the same excitement you have towards your home.
My favorite among the tips she shared with us are tips #5 and #6. Moving out and Pricing the house to sell. The first couple of days after it is listed on the market are the most critical days.
There’s a difference between pricing your house to sell and overpricing it. Overpricing sends the message that you’re not ready to sell your property. If it’s priced correctly, you’re more likely to get offers.
I’ll be dedicating a separate topic for pricing your house on the market checklist.
Notice the clear pictures she included in her video?
Marketing a home with online video makes so much sense nowadays. You get to bring a prospective buyer into your home from your standpoint, highlighting your favorite aspects of your property, and you even have the ability to edit your script afterward.
Here’s a graph showing how 45% of buyers find video tours to be extremely useful. Half of the buyers searched for videos of houses for sale.
Make your videos look professional, clean, simple and short.
Those who see your online video will appreciate and notice that you want to answer all their questions by making your video to showcase everything they want to know.
- Use text overlays and upbeat music. Make it short and to the point. Give a better sense of the layout and natural light in the home for sale.
- Publish, categorize and tag the video on YouTube. That way buyers will see your video show up under relevant searches for homes for sale. Use the space permitted in the description field. Edit the video title and description. Increase your possibility that it will turn up in SERPs for the right search terms.
It’s all about marketing. Even though the digital age has transformed how properties sell, it is a different thing to hire a REALTORⓇ who has a database of potential buyers.
Well, that’s just one of the many perks of being a ‘real estate Jedi’. We have met home buyers and know what they are searching for. We have seen homes in Naperville for sale and they have been marketed and were sold faster than the rest of the neighborhood. All because they have the best person to help them.
The database permits us to be more proactive. Based on the buyer’s criteria, we can direct you to more relevant contacts who are looking for a property just like the one you’re selling.
Learn the tips on how to find the right realtor near you. Up next!
How to find the right realtor near you?
Now that we already learned a few tips on how to sell your house fast for top dollar with the least hassle, let’s talk about who do we need to turn to for help.
A major concern for home sellers is whether you can list and sell your property on your own or whether you get the help of a REALTORⓇ to oversee the sale.
Let’s check some of your questions:
Do I need to hire a real estate agent?
There is no law that decrees that you should hire an agent to be able to sell your home. However, there are several states that entail you to get the service of a real estate agent that will take care of the technical stuff such as paperwork associated with the closing of the home sale, etc.
You may visit this website to find out the applicable law in your state or contact your state department.
Not only can agents provide the information on local home sales that you want to see, they can also bring assets to the deal that come from years of watching waves of contacts in the neighborhood.
Here are my 4 suggested steps:
- Narrow down your neighborhood searches. Jessica Lautz, managing director of survey research and communications at the National Association of Realtors said that people want to find an agent or broker who’s honest and trustworthy because it is likely the largest purchase they’re going to make in their life. Narrowing your searches can help immensely with your agent search, and ultimately, your home search. You need to be specific in what you’re looking for. This will determine your chances of you finding someone whose experience in a particular market aligns with your desires.
- Ask for referrals. According to NAR’s 2016 Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers report, 42% of buyers opted to use the agent referred to them by friends, neighbors, or relatives. For first-time buyers specifically, 52% also relied on referrals. Lautz emphasizes the importance of a referral from someone. This can go a long way and eliminate time spent vetting someone on your own.
- Check their real estate history. When your REALTORⓇ has been referred to you, vet their experience and reputation by asking their previous clients about their working experience with them. Make sure you consult everything that you need to do with someone you trust although we all know that in the end, the owner has the last say.
- Choose a REALTORⓇ. A REALTORⓇ is obligated to put the client’s’ interests ahead of their own. He or she is also required to make full disclosure about the problems with a property and be truthful in advertising. (Source: National Association of RealtorsⓇ) REALTORSⓇ have high regard for the code of ethics so trust is established and you know you are in good hands. The best way to determine whether an agent is on your side is to ask if they’re whether they belong to the National Association of Realtors, the largest group of real estate professionals in the country with more than 1.2 million members.
They are bound by a code of ethics and guarantee you a credible experience when it comes to selling or buying your property.
How to sell a house when one owner refuses?
Welcome to the third installment of our comprehensive project on how to sell your home fast in Naperville. We hope you’re taking notes.
When selling your home, there can be many different obstacles throughout the process and even before you’ve listed your home for sale. Challenges such as handling unrealistic home buyers and handling the emotions of selling a home are just a couple of the top challenges.
What can you do if your spouse refuses to sell the house?
- You cannot sell the matrimonial home unless your spouse agrees to the sale. If there are children involved, they may be able to delay the sale of the home for quite some time. First, encourage him or her to sign a separation agreement. This means that you and your spouse or partner agree to a certain plan of action when it comes to your property.
- This may be your last resort. You can get the courts involved. You may file a petition for special relief to ask that the court gets involved in moving the sale along quicker. It is suggested that you stay in the house so that your partner won’t be able to control the entire process.
- If you have moved out of the home but are still paying your share of the housing expenses, you can also request that your spouse pay you “occupation rent”, which is money paid in recognition of the free use your spouse is receiving of the home and also the advantage they are receiving from having your equity tied up in the home they are living in. If you request this relief from the court it may encourage them to move out more quickly.
Try to negotiate something that works best for both sides
Once you have overcome these issues, you may easily find yourself with a buyer and close the deal. Always ensure you are getting the right amount from the sale and at times, you might have to hold on until the right time strikes.
The market trends seem to be shifting from season to season, and you could be forced to sell the property at a time when it is not appropriate. This could get you a lower amount than what you could have fetched if you waited for a few months.
I’m sure your home is one of the largest investments you’ve made. Now that you’ve decided to sell it, you want to make sure to have it in good hands. Look for a REALTORⓇ that will help to sell your home in Naperville for its true value. It’s important to find an agent that has experience in the field and is knowledgeable about market trends for your specific area.
Get in touch with us today by calling 630-718-0424. Talk to Teresa Ryan, your trusted REALTORⓇ that has an extensive marketing strategy to get your property sold in a reasonable amount of time.
Which Months Are the Best to Sell a House?
Is this the best time to sell your house?
Experts say that the ideal time to put your property on the market is in early to mid-spring when there are more potential buyers.
Parents prefer to stay in the same area where their children are attending school.
You have a greater chance to market your house to showcase its best condition when the weather is better from mid-March to late June.
It was found that homes listed on Thursdays are more likely to sell faster. Not only that, it may also sell above list price compared to other homes listed on other days of the week.
These are some facts that you can learn from experts regarding timing in selling your home in Naperville. And you would not believe how helpful considering these tips can be.
When is the best time to put your property on the market?
Here are some facts I found that will help you better with this very important decision that you’re about to make in your life:
- The best time to sell is early April or May. Inventory becomes tight and a lot of homebuyers are putting in multiple offers. This automatically extends the length of the home buying season. Most often than not in the succeeding part of this season, people are more eager to buy the house because they have been frustrated with earlier offers, and they are paying a little bit more money.
- Spring is generally the best time to sell your house. The bright daylight will make your home look lovely and people tend to have more open schedules. The lighting plays a big part both in your online images and when people schedule viewings. Not only that, it’s usually free of school holidays, and due to more sunny days, it’s popular. When there are lots of people selling, lots of people are buying.
A home seller can’t afford to be over confident or sloppy with the details in a market that favor them. A well-thought and executed listing strategy is critical in maximizing a home’s price and time on the market.
You might also like: How to Find the Right REALTORⓇ Near You?
Get in touch with Teresa Ryan at 630-718-0424. This is the best time to confirm everything that you’re learning from somebody who’s got a lot of experience in this field.
How to Sell a House Fast in a Slow Market
These are challenging times and home sellers are not exempted from the hurdles when it comes to selling homes. Buyers have a lot of options nowadays and they don’t have to buy what you’re selling. Your house is likely just one of the many options in a pool of signs that say “for sale”.
Here are some wise and proven tips on how you can sell your home fast in Naperville in spite of a slow market.
- Study your market. Most sellers simply offer the property for the price they want, without really looking at what other homes have sold for or what other homes are selling for. Do not undervalue, do not overprice. That’s just it and I know it’s easier said than done. But that’s the exact reason why we have these tips. To help you determine the nearest amount to your property’s true worth. Ask if your preferred REALTORⓇ can match the percentage charged by the cheapest agent, or meet in the middle. A fraction of a percent on a house sale could be worth a substantial amount of money.
- The right REALTORⓇ will give you feedback after each viewing and be frank about anything you should change. Do not feel sheepish to demand honesty. Find out what made buyers choose another property over yours and, where possible, make changes.
- Do not undervalue or over price. I know I just repeated myself but that’s one of the things you should not be doing when selling your home. Don’t be discouraged if your home won’t sell fast right away. Ask the help of a trusted REALTORⓇ help you get a home valuation. Buyers search by price specific range, such as between $200,000 and $250,000. Make sure your property is properly positioned so that it is the best value within a standard price range. For example, pricing it at $230,000 could miss the people looking for a bargain on a home in the $200,000 to $225,000 range.
- Document everything. Create a file or have a folder which contains all documents that have something to do with the house: guarantees for repairs, certificates for electric work, council tax bills, receipts of anything you have upgraded in your home.Prepare as much as you can.
Never underestimate the power of staging and home remodeling.
- You don’t need to go crazy over de-personalizing your home but do your best to make it pleasant and inviting. Use neutral paint, instead of a glaring shade. Purchasers are trying to picture themselves living in your home so minimize personal possessions such as photos. Bank on first impressions. Invest on polarizing designs. Your house doesn’t need to be loud, it just needs to be unforgettable.
- It’s not advisable to replace carpets since they can be expensive. Just get them cleaned before the viewing. If you have fireplaces, make sure that you have fires burning so that there is a beautiful warm glow and the sound of crackling. Buy a pack of popcorn and make sure to put it in the oven before the house viewing. Play some good music but never too loud. Turn on all the lights and lamps if the home looks dark or feels heavy. Lighting is everything.
- People who drive by your house are more likely to grab a flier than to call the number on your signage. So make sure to have fliers in front of your property. Create impressive fliers. Make good quality fliers, with clear images of the house for sale and link it to your website.
You may also How to Sell a House When One Owner Refuses?